Medical Assistant- Certified
Make a difference to patients who need you the most. Be their advocate. Empower them to take charge of their own health, and transform their lives through thoughtful, caring, and committed engagement.
This is a work from home job and you can be located anywhere in the continental US
This is not your typical Medical Assistant role. If drawing labs and taking vitals is what you are looking for, this is not the job for you. But, if you want to be paid to spend meaningful time with the patients we serve, helping remove barriers to care and social isolation, keep reading!
At Engooden Health, we provide exceptional quality of telephonic care to patients living with two or more chronic conditions. If you join our team, you’ll do so as a Patient Care Navigator; Medical Assistant doesn’t do justice to the life changing work this team does every day. We consider Patient Care Navigators to be Superheroes, but you won’t find spandex in the job requirements. You will talk with your patients by phone and create rewarding, long-term relationships as you provide them with Chronic Care Management (CCM) services including education, coaching, and advocacy. You will act as an extension of the physician office staff to help patients better understand their disease, set and achieve healthcare targets, and improve and maintain their overall quality of life.
You will also join an organization that wants to help you grow your career in healthcare, that lives its core values in every way, and builds its strategies around how to give patients better care. We are excited and enriched by the work we do at Engooden and we go home every day proud of the difference we make.
Engooden’s mission is to transform patient lives by building lifelong relationships with them.
Through these ongoing relationships, we help patients prevent avoidable hospital stays, fight loneliness and anxiety, and relieve the stress and confusion that comes from trying to navigate a complex health system.
Duties will include:
- Engage/enroll eligible patients, educate them on the value of our CCM services, and obtain verbal consent for services
- Provide ongoing, proactive services through monthly calls that include:
- Assessing patient’s current health status and identify concerns and areas for improvement
- Providing education related to medical conditions and factors impacting patient’s health
- Setting health-related goals based on medical conditions & patient’s priorities
- Identifying and assist in closing clinical and non-clinical care gaps
- Empowering patients to make sustainable health behavior changes to improve their well-being
- Continually providing motivation, encouragement, and support
- Communicating with patient’s medical providers regarding important items such as new or worsening symptoms or medication access and adherence (per protocols)
- Sharing community resource options to help patients access the necessary resources at the right time (e.g., transportation, food)
- Respond to patients, providers and team leaders
- Create, update, and maintain care plans using Engooden’s proprietary software
- Maintain productivity and quality metrics as defined
- High School Diploma/GED
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- 2 or more years of experience in healthcare or a related field (3-5 years preferred)
- Family practice, internal medicine, and geriatrics office experience preferred
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours per week)
- A home office with quiet, uninterrupted working space
- Confirmed High-Speed Internet with Upload/Download speeds of a minimum of 3mbps and latency (ping) not more than 150ms. To test your internet speed, feel free to use this free independent test. This is a hard requirement.
- Empathetic and active listener
- Effective time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient computer skills including Electronic Health Record, Microsoft programs and Google Suite
- Ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with chronic medical conditions
- Strong relationship building/social skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Fluency in a foreign language (especially Spanish) is helpful but not required
What you do matters. Engooden takes care of you, so that you can take care of your patients.
- Paid Time Off
- Company Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Engooden Connects Program
- Mental Health Support Tools
- All necessary equipment is provided (e.g., laptop)
About Engooden Health:
Engooden Health is the only company to offer scalable chronic care management (CCM) services and technology for physicians, health systems and payers to identify rising-risk and chronically ill patients and positively impact their health trajectories. Through technology-driven, personalized intervention by experienced and empathetic care navigators, Engooden connects with thousands of patients each month, addressing their barriers to care while helping its customers effectively manage population health and value-based care programs. Founded in 2016, Engooden Health is headquartered in Boston.
Engooden Health is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Apply Now